The Consumer Health Complete database provides content covering key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine. Signing in away from the library requires a valid HPL library card number.
MONTHLY HEALTH AWARENESS TOPIC
April: National Donate Life Month
Hear from Alonzo Mourning about organ donation:
Click for more information from the
U.S. Government Information on Organ Donation and Transplantation.
IN THE NEWS
HEALTH INSURANCE AND BENEFITS
Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare")
AARP Fact Sheets
- Facts about the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") from the AARP's department of Education & Outreach.
Clinics (Available regardless of ability to pay)
maintained by the CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Clinics (Walk-in, Emergency Care)
General Healthcare Information
- Health information from the US National Library of Medicine.
Access Health CT
- This is the website for Connecticut's official health marketplace.
Includes a listing of enrollment fairs, events near you, and responses to
frequently asked questions.
Health Insurance Marketplace
- Official Marketplace information source for assisters and outreach partners. Hosted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Health Care Facility Evaluations
Health Care Providers
It is a good idea to visit the webpage for your insurance provider to find out if the health care provider is in your insurance network.
accepting HUSKY, Title IXX, Medicaid, and similar programs.
Health Insurance Companies
Below is a list of a few of the health insurance companies providing coverage in Connecticut. It is not meant to be a comprehensive list.
If you are interested in obtaining coverage under the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"), visit
Hospitals in Hartford
Medications and Treatments
- Drug information provided by WebMD.