increase font size
Translate




Get Directions

From:
To:
7 New Park Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
860-695-7460
 

Open Mondays and Wednesdays 10:00-6:00

History

Dwight Branch is the oldest of the branches, established in 1907 when it was opened in the South School District Building. It was established at the request of the public, and named in honor of Henry C. Dwight who was chairman of the district committee and instrumental in leading the effort. 

The branch was located for many years in the New Park Avenue School. In November 1928, it moved to rented quarters on Park Street, and then to 1893 Park Street in January 1975. In April 1979, the Branch was relocated to the new Parkville Elementary School at 7 New Park Avenue.