increase font size
Translate




Get Directions

From:
To:

261 Barbour Street
Hartford, CT 06120
860- 695-7400

Open Mondays and Wednesdays 10:00-6:00

Foodshare pantry items available open the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month from 3:00-4:00

 

History

The Barbour Branch library is located in the Northeast section of the City of Hartford. The branch opened in October 1927 at 572 Windsor Street and remained there until 1939. During this time, it was called the Windsor Street Branch.

In April 1939, the branch moved to rented quarters on Barbour Street and was renamed the Barbour Branch. In July 1974, the Barbour Branch moved to 281 Barbour Street, in Unity Plaza, which is also a rented facility. In February 2014, the Barbour Branch moved to its current location at 261 Barbour Street.