increase font size
Translate




Get Directions

From:
To:

30 Campfield Avenue
Hartford, CT 06114
860-695-7440

Open Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00-6:00

 

 

History

Originally established in 1916 as the Alfred E. Burr Branch, the Camp Field Branch was located in a room in the Burr School. In 1929, the branch moved to Maple Avenue, where the former Hearth Stone Restaurant was located, and was named the Camp Field Branch.  In 1937, the present building at the corner of Barker Street and Campfield Avenue was opened.

The building was made possible through the gift of Mrs. James T. Goodwin, designed by J. Sage Goodwin, and was the first property owned by the Hartford Public Library. On September 13, 2001, the branch reopened after extensive renovations with added space for parking, public bathrooms and a staff work area, and much needed mechanical and technological improvements.